Somerset Art Works
Somerset Towns and Villages
Plan Your Visit
Somerset Wedding and Event Venues
COVID Compliant Venues opening dates
Somerset Food, Drink & More!
Key Workers Accommodation
B&Bs & Guest Houses
Camping & Glamping
Farm Holidays Somerset
Holiday Parks Somerset
Somerset Self Catering
Stay in Bath
Bath Self Catering
Keep up-to-date with what’s on in Somerset - from new business openings to special events, county-wide stories and more - with our regular blog updates.
Update on health & safety measures at Clarks Village Clarks Village will be
introducing a number of additional health and safety measures, effective
from the date non-essential retail stores are permitted to open, in
accordance with government guidelines. Clarks Village is preparing for
non-essential retail stores to open on the 15th June, unless otherwise
announced by the government.
No. 38 Somerset's Fascinating facts - Montacute is a masterpiece of Elizabethan Renaissance architecture and design. With its towering walls of glass, glow of Hamstone and surrounding gardens, it is a place of beauty and wonder.
No. 37 Somerset Fascinating Facts - South Somerset is a wonderful rolling limestone landscape stretching West - East with tales from King Arthurs Camelot to Roman Camps and William the conqueror.
• A number of gardens and parklands in England and Northern Ireland will begin reopening from June 3 to those who have booked tickets in advance.
• Only members and visitors who have booked tickets beforehand will gain entry, and opening decisions will be made with safety and local conditions in mind.
• Booking system for gardens and parklands opens on National Trust website today (May 29).
• All car parks and properties in Wales remain closed in line with Welsh Government guidance.
• Information on how to stay safe and socially distanced will be provided.
• Director General Hilary McGrady says welcoming visitors again will give access to nature, beauty and history as she thanks staff, volunteers and members for their ongoing support.
• With some coast and countryside car parks open, visitors are urged to think twice before planning a long trip
• Hotspots could lead to closure of car parks and put pressure on emergency services
• Enjoy the weather, stay local and discover new outdoor spaces is the charity’s call for this weekend
No. 36 - Somerset Fascinating Facts Trains run between Bishops Lydeard (four miles from the county town of Taunton) and Minehead, making their way through the Quantock Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and along the Bristol Channel Coast, passing through many historical sites.
No. 35 Somerset Fascinating Facts - It is referenced in the Domesday Book of 1086 as ‘Mulne’, which means several mills. Iron ore was extracted from the area from the 1300s, and in the 1500s a foundry was constructed.
Following the updated government advice on 23rd May (“Coronavirus – guidance on accessing green spaces safely”), The Bishop’s Palace Gardens will open to the public for the first time in over two months at 12pm on Sunday 24th May.
We're proud that the below businesses share our vision for the county and sponsor our organisation.