Historical & Cultural
The Bishops Palace
East Lambrook Manor Gardens
Fantastic events across Somerset West and Taunton this month!
Somerset Towns and Villages
Popular Somerset Towns
Visiting, Staying & Living in Somerset
Somerset Wedding and Event Venues
Fascinating Somerset Facts
Somerset Food, Drink & More!
B&B. Guest Houses
Camping & Glamping
Farm Holidays Somerset
Holiday Parks Somerset
Somerset Self Catering
Stay In Bath
Bath Self Catering
Keep up-to-date with what’s on in Somerset - from new business openings to special events, county-wide stories and more - with our regular blog updates.
The curator and volunteers of Dovery Manor Museum are thrilled to be opening the museum, for the first time since September 2019, in time for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
Noah’s Ark Zoo hosted the Bristol, Bath and Somerset Tourism Awards summer celebration following the online awards ceremony held in February. The zoo was presented with their Gold Award for Large Visitor Attraction and the Winner of Winners Award.
• Gates to historic Somerset site to open for free all day later this month.
• A stage with live music will be a showcase attraction at the Summer Open Day.
• Visitors can try their hand at activities, including axe throwing and archery, as well as explore stalls selling gifts, food and drink.
• The abbey says the open day is “a chance to welcome visitors who may not normally come”.
• The Taunton Garrison will be conducting re-enactment in the mid afternoon and there will be roaming circus performers.
• Outstanding catering and bar.
• The Somerset Wetlands National Nature Reserve (NNR) is England’s third largest NNR at 6,140ha
• The declaration launches the Festival of National Nature Reserves summer programme to celebrate 70 years of NNRs
• Landmarks like Burrow Mump and Steart Marshes join the ‘jewels in nature’s crown’
An exhibition of photographs from 20 years of the iconic Glastonbury Festival opens at Somerset Rural Life Museum this summer. The images have been captured by Somerset-based photographer Jason Bryant who has chosen his personal favourites for this special exhibition to mark the return of the live festival.
You Choose, a unique exhibition co-curated by local people, will open at the Fashion Museum Bath on Saturday 14 May 2022.
Warren Farm Holiday Centre in Brean has today announced that they have been recognised by Tripadvisor as a Travellers’ Choice Award winner (Monday 16th May).
A series of stunning floral displays and an interactive relaxing summer lounge are blossoming into life at Clarks Village this month and will be available to visitors throughout Summer.
This May half-term Fleet Air Arm Museum unveils both an updated café and a new Welcome Gallery, so bring the whole family down for this exciting slice of naval history. With exciting objects and aircraft around every corner, take advantage of these new experiences on-site. A ticket to Fleet Air Arm Museum even lasts for a whole year, so visitors can return for a personal favourite, or even come back in the summer for the launch of the brand-new Carrier Experience.
From the founder of Mulberry, Roger Saul, comes the next Great British brand - Sharpham Park.
We're proud that the below businesses share our vision for the county and sponsor our organisation.