Historical & Cultural
The Bishops Palace
East Lambrook Manor Gardens
Fascinating Somerset Facts
Somerset Towns and Villages
Visiting, Staying & Living in Somerset
Somerset Wedding and Event Venues
COVID Compliant Venues opening dates
Somerset Food, Drink & More!
Key Workers Accommodation
B&Bs & Guest Houses
Camping & Glamping
Farm Holidays Somerset
Holiday Parks Somerset
Somerset Self Catering
Stay in Bath
Bath Self Catering
Keep up-to-date with what’s on in Somerset - from new business openings to special events, county-wide stories and more - with our regular blog updates.
Firstly, all of us here at Glastonbury Abbey hope that you and your family are well. It has been a very strange year for all of us and we hope that you have been able to visit us since the reopening or access some other green, open air spaces and that you are looking with optimism towards the future.
• The Fleet Air Arm Museum will join the Tri-Service museums to mark the 75th anniversary of VJ Day from 14 – 16 August 2020
• A series of free virtual events will pay tribute to those who fought against the Japanese in the Far East Campaign
• ‘Never Forgotten’ a live debate will discuss how the conflict was fought on land, sea and air and how it continues to be commemorated today.
Bowlore Medieval Weekend at The Bishop’s Palace, Wells
Sunday 30th & Monday 31st August 2020 10am-5pm
Golf is a critical part of the wider sporting visitor economy in the UK worth £4 Billion annually and Visit Somerset wants to ensure that Somerset is getting its part of the action.
No. 45 Somerset's Fascinating Facts - The extraordinary history of the Old Vicarage Hotel -
The Old Vicarage Hotel is made up of 4 different cottages, the first of the cottages was built in 1327, making The Old Vicarage the oldest commercial building and the second oldest building in Bridgwater. The oldest building is the church opposite the hotel, St Mary Church, built in what we believe to be the late 1200’s. This due to a record commenting on a Vicar called Richard in 1280, this is the earliest record the town has on any history of the church.
The Roman Baths welcomed a record-breaking 1,325,085 visitors in 2019, maintaining its spot in the top 25 most-visited attractions in the UK according to figures just released by the Association of Leading Visitor Attractions (ALVA).
We are pleased to announce that we will be re-opening our doors to guests at 4pm today after closing due to COVID. During this time we have considered the entire customer journey to assess how we can keep guests as safe as possible, whilst still giving them the standard of service they are used to.
• Rangers report substantial increases in people fly-camping and leaving debris and litter behind, and estimate a fifth of their time has been diverted away from vital conservation work
• More time spent on clearing up mess rather than on protecting nature
• Disposable festival mentality with tents and camping equipment discarded and fires lit and damage to trees
• Trust urges public not to camp without landowner’s permission, to leave no trace and to respect the countryside and other visitors
• Despite recent rain, countryside remains dry and campfires could spread
The Bishop’s Palace & Gardens in Wells, Somerset has announced its revised Summer Outdoor Theatre Season.
The normal schedule was disrupted by the Coronavirus pandemic, as theatre companies cancelled rehearsals and performances. Following the recent government advice about outdoor performances, the Palace has now secured three performances which will take place in the historic Palace Gardens.
Local leisure centres across the district are set to reopen, after being given the ‘green light’ by Prime Minister, Boris Johnson
We're proud that the below businesses share our vision for the county and sponsor our organisation.