27 Sep 2019
Visit Somerset & Visit Exmoor championing new environmentally sound supply chain strategy through its 'Buy Somerset' initiative, as major journalists come into the region to learn more about our famous Somerset produce.
Day 1 - 3rd October - Arrival
- 13:00 - Arrival at Weston-super-Mare train station
- 20 minute.
- 13:00 - Transport to Thatchers for cider making course.
- 14:00 - Late lunch
- 15:00 - Tour of Orchard, cider making
- 15:30 - Cider cocktail class.
- 16:00 - Depart Thatchers
- 19:00 - Check-in hotel - DoubleTree by Hilton Somerset Hotel and Conference Centre.
Day 2 - 4th October - Exploring Somerset
- 8:00 am - Breakfast
- 8:30 am - Depart hotel
- 9:00 am - Yeo Valley Blagdon Visitor centre
- 9:30- Tour of Yeo Valley
- 10:30 - Depart to Cheddar gorge
- 11:00 am - Cheddar Gorge cheese tasting & making
- 12:00 am - Visit to Wookey Hole
- 12:00 - Lunch
- 14:00 -14:30 - Brown and Forrest Smokery near Langport
- 15:00 - Somerset Cider Brandy Company in Burrow Hill
- 15:45 - Depart to Exmoor
- 17:00 - Arrive Exmoor hotel -
- 17:30 - Freetime
- 19:00 - Evening meal
- 20:00 - Optional stargazing
Day 3- 5th October - Exploring Exmoor
- 9:00 - Breakfast at hotel
- 10:00 - Exmoor Tour
- 11:00 - Quince Honey Farm -
- 12:00 - Lunch -
- 13:00 - Tour of the national park
- 16:00 - Visit Sharpham Park
- 19:00 - Evening departure.