Historical & Cultural
The Bishops Palace
East Lambrook Manor Gardens
Fascinating Somerset Facts
Somerset Towns and Villages
Visiting, Staying & Living in Somerset
Somerset Wedding and Event Venues
Somerset Food, Drink & More!
Key Workers Accommodation
B&Bs & Guest Houses
Camping & Glamping
Farm Holidays Somerset
Holiday Parks Somerset
Somerset Self Catering
Stay In Bath
Bath Self Catering
Keep up-to-date with what’s on in Somerset - from new business openings to special events, county-wide stories and more - with our regular blog updates.
After six months of hard work the team at Haynes International Motor Museum are working
on the final touches in time for reopening at October half term, on Saturday 24 October,
subject to Government Guidance.
After 103 days in lockdown, BRAZZ, Taunton’s town centre brasserie in Castle Bow, will reopen on Saturday 4th July. The Castle Hotel will be reopening its 44 bedrooms on Wednesday, 15th July.
PUXTON Park is planning to reopen its doors at the beginning of July. The park has been closed to the public since the UK went into lockdown in March.
East Lambrook Manor Gardens.
The garden itself remains closed as we feel the garden is too small for safe social distancing to be in place at the present time and also it is our home and staff and volunteers are working in the garden most days. Similarly the cafe and gallery remain closed.
We are delighted to be re-opening the majority of Kilver Court on Thursday 25th June and cannot wait to see our customers again. The Gardens and Garden Nursery have already successfully and safely re-opened, and on the 15th of June the Mulberry Factory Shop will also open its doors to the public. Following this, on Thursday 25th June we will open the next phase of the Great House, Emporium, LK Bennett and Yves Delorme. Toast will open next on the 9th July.
Shepton Mallet Prison will be open again from June 20th. This world – leading tourist attraction offers a fabulous experience for visitors of all ages. Since prisons were literally built to keep people apart they have ample space to ensure social distancing is possible. They have also introduced a one way system, new entrance and exits, ‘social distancing ambassadors’, protective screens, increased hand sanitation points, a limit on visitors, plus extra PPE on request.
Update on health & safety measures at Clarks Village Clarks Village will be
introducing a number of additional health and safety measures, effective
from the date non-essential retail stores are permitted to open, in
accordance with government guidelines. Clarks Village is preparing for
non-essential retail stores to open on the 15th June, unless otherwise
announced by the government.
• A number of gardens and parklands in England and Northern Ireland will begin reopening from June 3 to those who have booked tickets in advance.
• Only members and visitors who have booked tickets beforehand will gain entry, and opening decisions will be made with safety and local conditions in mind.
• Booking system for gardens and parklands opens on National Trust website today (May 29).
• All car parks and properties in Wales remain closed in line with Welsh Government guidance.
• Information on how to stay safe and socially distanced will be provided.
• Director General Hilary McGrady says welcoming visitors again will give access to nature, beauty and history as she thanks staff, volunteers and members for their ongoing support.
Following the updated government advice on 23rd May (“Coronavirus – guidance on accessing green spaces safely”), The Bishop’s Palace Gardens will open to the public for the first time in over two months at 12pm on Sunday 24th May.