Tel: 01225 477232
You’ll see more than 1,500 artworks, including many by artists who have lived and worked in the Bath area, such as Thomas Gainsborough and Walter Sickert. The work on show spans the 15th century to the present day.
In the 18th century Bath was an important centre for portrait painting, and in the 20th century it again became famous thanks to the innovative works being produced by artists at the renowned Bath Academy of Art at Corsham Court.
Alongside the permanent collections, the Victoria Art Gallery also hosts an exciting programme of temporary exhibitions and events throughout the year. Highlights for 2015 include:
• Bath Society of Artists – The annual summer exhibition features 300 dazzling paintings, drawings, prints and sculptures, which are all for sale. 16 May-27 June 2015
• Jane Austen’s Bath – Discover the Bath of Jane Austen’s time through some of Victoria Art Gallery’s best watercolours and prints. 4 July-4 October 2015
• Howard Jeffs: Landscape into Print – Prints inspired by landscapes in England and France, from etchings of waterfalls to woodcuts of rivers. 4 July-16 August 2015
• Portraits and Identity – Admire portrait prints by artists as diverse as Hogarth, Dürer and Grayson Perry. 20 August-4 October 2015
• Kurt Jackson: Place – Jackson's work celebrates the environment and embraces a wide range of materials. For this exhibition, he will work with an eclectic mix of contemporary writers. 10 October 2015-3 January 2016
Please check the Victoria Art Gallery website for the latest information.
|2017 Opening (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Open daily from 10.30 – 17.00 including Bank Holidays. (Closed 25 – 26 December and 1 January).
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£4.00 per person per day|
|Child single (age 6-16inc)||Free|
|Seniors & FT Students||£3.50 per person per day|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Search What's Nearby
Enjoy the freedom to explore South West England and beyond in comfort and style, in one...0.15 miles away
A small and friendly Georgian town house located on the beautiful Great Pulteney Street...0.23 miles away
Stay at the magnificent Edgar Townhouse hotel. Designated as a Grade I listed building...0.24 miles away
Designed by Brunel, visited by Queen Victoria, now lovingly restored and totally...0.29 miles away
Chestnuts House is a fine detached Edwardian House with an enclosed garden and private...0.36 miles away
A well appointed, stylish late Victorian home. We offer you:0.55 miles away
A contemporary first floor self-catering apartment, luxuriously furnished and equipped,...0.57 miles away
2 Crescent Gardens is a stylish guest house, which is close to the world famous Royal...0.58 miles away
We would like to invite you to our new home, Grove Lodge, where we have created 3...1.13 miles away
Perfectly situated, Tasburgh House offers idyllic countryside tranquility, with the...1.14 miles away
A beautiful boutique B&B set in its own grounds with lovely gardens. High quality...1.51 miles away
Award-winning Church Farm Country Cottages comprises 7 well equipped, single storey...3.64 miles away
A refreshingly warm welcome awaits you at Purbeck Holiday Lets, a family run business...6.14 miles away
Lime Kiln Farm offers three beautiful luxury self catering holiday cottages set in...6.26 miles away
Greyfield Farm Cottages is situated between the Cities of Bristol, Wells & Bath7.75 miles away
We will welcome you to this relaxed and luxurious rural retreat with its magnificent...8.62 miles away