Support available to Event Organisers
Taunton Deane Borough Council recognises the importance of supporting culture and the arts, and actively encourages cultural events in Taunton town centre. If you are considering arranging an event, particularly on one of the town’s outdoor spaces please let the Marketing team know.
The support available to organisers includes:
- Use of high quality open spaces within Taunton town centre
- Marketing and promotional opportunities through printed media as well as the Council’s websites at http://www.tauntondeane.gov.uk/ and www.visitsomerset.co.uk/Taunton. The Council also owns and manages six information rotundas and other advertising points across the town centre
- Box Office facilities and support for ticket sales online and in person through the Taunton Visitor Centre in the Market House
- Taunton Events Group, which coordinates the events provision of the main cultural organisations in Taunton
- Taunton Deane Safety Advisory Group, offering advice to major event organisers, drawing upon the main Safety and Regulatory Authorities.
- Use of the Council’s Town Centre Events License for major and innovative events
- Expert advice on event organisation and marketing, and signposting towards other sources of expertise, infrastructure and funding.
- Provision of support for events from the Deane DLO. The DLO team has expertise in the provision of events support, eg: Transport Management planning, fencing, cleansing, available at very competitive rates.
- Business networking amongst the business community in Taunton Deane
For further information on any of the above services contact the Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 01823 340474
Once we have the details we will get back to you and to let you know if the date is available and if you event is suitable.
The charge varies from site to site and is based on the area of land you wish to use and how long you use if for. As well as the hiring fee we may ask for a returnable damage deposit.
Electricity and water can be used where available. We will charge you for the amound used and any costs incurred in taking readings.
All services requested of us and all work generated by your event for our workforce will be charged to you. We can advise you of there costs in advance.