37 Old Church Road, Clevedon
37 Old Church Road
Tel: 01934 426020
Clevedon is a charming seaside town whose elegance and appeal has plenty to offer all ages.
Here, sand gives way to a pebbled shoreline, backed by largely unspoilt Victorian architecture.
The restored Grade I listed pier dates from 1869 and is recognised as one of the finest in the
country. Cream teas are available in the Pavilion at the end of the pier.
The Waverley paddle steamer and her sister ship the Balmoral pleasure cruiser are frequent
callers at the pier during the summer months for cruises down the Somerset and Devon coast
and to Wales.
Clevedon’s coastal walks offer stunning views of the coastline and Welsh Mountains which
have inspired many great writers including Tennyson, Thackeray and Coleridge.
At Salthouse Fields on the seafront there are children's entertainments and refreshments,
plus bandstand concerts in the summer. Nearby are splendid National Trust properties
and Clevedon Craft Centre offers unique gifts.
Must See & Do
- Clevedon Pier, the only fully intact Grade 1 listed pier in the country.
- Clevedon Craft Centre has many studios and art workshops housed in a 17th century 'long farm'.
- Clevedon Court, an outstanding National Trust 14th century manor house
- The Curzon Cinema is the oldest continually run cinema in the world
- Ladye Bay, a lovely secluded cove much loved by summer visitors
- Salthouse Fields on the seafront where many residents and visitors come to relax
- Poets Walk . The walk is said to have inspired poets and writers including Coleridge and Tennyson
- Tyntesfield a magnificent National Trust Vistorian country house near Clevedon
- For the keen shopper, Clevedon has many specialist shops, souvenir shops and tearooms
- The heritage centre in Waterloo House is a grade 11 listed building housing photograhs and artefacts from Clevedon's past
Clevedon Medical Centre
The Green Practice 0844 477 3720,
Clevedon Riverside Group 0844 477 3751.
Post Offices -
Crown Post Office - 7 Bellevue Rd, Clevedon, 01275 872498.
Post Office - 13 The Triangle, Clevedon, 01275 873081
Sub Post Office ( West End) - 169 Old Church Road, Clevedon, 01275 343913.
Clevedon Library, 37 Old Church Road, Clevedon, BS21 6NN, 01934 426020,
Barclays - Sixways, Clevedon. [ cashpoint ]
LloydsTSB -16 The Triangle, Clevedon. [ cashpoint ]
HSBC - 6-8 Old Church Rd, Clevedon. [ cashpoint ]
Nat West - 9 The Triangle, Clevedon. [ cashpoint ]
Farmers Market - Queen’s Square, Off Station Road, BS21 6NH (4th Sat 9.30am -12.30pm)
Swimming Pool - Strode Leisure Centre, Strode Way, Clevedon, BS21 6QG, 01275 879242