Watch a flock of starlings form a Murmuration
Every year between Autumn and February, Somerset starlings flock together over the Somerset Levels & Moors to create huge and magnificent starling murmurations.
Surely one of nature's best and most magnificent sights, the starlings form into sweeping ball like shapes in their thousands, sometimes hundreds of thousands before flying down and roosting in the trees.
Important Information for watching the flocking starlings
- To find out exactly where the starlings are currently ring the Avalon Marshes Starling Hotline on 07866 554 142 and listen to the answer message, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is very little parking at the reserves, so try to avoid peak times like the weekend
- Please follow all parking instructions, avoid stopping on narrow edges or blocking gateways
- The only coach parking available is at the Avalon Marshes Centre
- Please take care not to disturb wildlife and follow rules about dogs and restricted access